Monday 19 January 2015

Dylan Speaks

Reading an old Bob Dylan interview over dinner (Mojo #51 1998) and was enjoying the sparring between Dylan and his interviewer - despite Mojo's man launching some nice punches, Dylan effortlessly dances (to borrow from Norman Mailer) around his opponent, landing a few stinging blows - at one point Mojo asks: "Is it a burden sometimes to be Bob Dylan ?" to which Dylan replies: "Well, it would be easier for me to be me than it would be for me to be you". Or when asked why he named his record label Egyptian Records, Dylan shoots back with "I don't know. It just popped into my head at the time" Ouch ! Elsewhere Dylan waxes lyrical on the then new album, Time Out of Mind, Harry Smith's Folk Anthology set, and my favourite moment - Truffaut's Shoot The Piano Player: "I saw that movie a bunch of times because the snow part of it reminded me of back home where I came from...everything about that movie I identified with


No comments:

Post a Comment