Wednesday 20 May 2015

Jane Fonda

I mentioned yesterday on a friend’s FB page, the 1974 book William Peter Blatty on The Exorcist: From Novel to Screen. Looking thru my copy of the book last night I read something interesting to chew over - that back in 1971 Jane Fonda was offered the role of Chris MacNeil, which Fonda turned down, explaining to Blatty "The reason I didn't want to do it is because I don't believe in magic" I'm very fond of Fonda, especially around this time of her career - Klute and Tout Va Bien are two favourites of mine, but I can't imagine anyone replacing Ellen Burstyn in the film - the tough-mindedness and vulnerability she lends the character is integral to the film - that scene where she meets with the neurosurgeons about Regan's deteriorating condition is one of the best scenes in the film...

No comments:

Post a Comment