Sunday 17 May 2015

Riverman

Sunday morning listening - Way to Blue: An Introduction to Nick Drake... I picked up this compilation in the mid-90's and it remains a favourite album of mine. Usually compilations fall by the way side, as you get to grips with a discography, but I still love this Joe Boyd-curated primer, the song selection and sequencing is just superb. As I'm typing this the Five Leaves Left song Riverman has just passed and this song still has the power to stop me in my tracks - the string arrangement by Harry Robertson is astonishing beautiful. I'm just looking into Robertson's career and to my delight he had scored a number of Horror films including The Oblong Box, and some late era Hammers. If you haven't heard the music of Nick Drake, find a quiet space and take a listen to this...

No comments:

Post a Comment