Friday 2 October 2015

Journey Through A Body

First album of the day, Throbbing Gristle's Journey Through A Body, recorded in Rome in 1981... This is not a TG album I revisit very often, but I had a dream last night that I was sightseeing in Milan and bumped into the group at various junctures - Gen and Sleazy were kicking a football around with some ragazzi (a very Pasolini-esque image I think) and Cosey was seen shopping with a friend in Milan's boutiques. No sign of Chris, perhaps he was locked away at control room at RAI Studio mixing Journey Through A Body... Journey is probably no one's favourite TG record but it's one of their most fascinating. I've been listening to this album for over 20 years and I still haven't quite figured it out. I don't hear much of Chris and Cosey on this (maybe Catholic Sex), but a lot of Gen and Sleazy, working out ideas that would re-appear in Psychic TV - the album's final track, Oltre La Morte, Birth And Death, TG's most singularly beautiful moment is a dress rehearsal for Mylar Breeze from the Themes 2 album...

No comments:

Post a Comment