Sunday 20 December 2020

Bruce Wightman's Dracula

Bruce Wightman's Dracula

I rediscovered this drawing earlier this morning, found inside my copy of The Dracula Centenary Book (1987). This book was part of a clutch of books that have outlived their usefulness and were being relegated to the top shelf of a wardrobe to make space on my main bookcase. I only spotted the illustration by chance, as I flicked through the book one last time before it being put out of reach. I'm reminded that my annual reading of Stoker's novel (which I've done these past 4 years) and my intention to read it back to back with the Icelandic Powers of Darkness variant never happened this year, like so many things planned at the top of the year. So, it rolls over to 2021, and as soon as I finish the Titanic book, I will pick up Joseph O'Connor's novel Shadowplay which reimagines the relationship between Stoker and Henry Irving. Things to look forward to…

No comments:

Post a Comment