Monday 21 December 2020

The Collection

Just over twenty years worth of film collecting in 2,400 lines... I finally completed updating my DVD/BR list for 2020, with the newest entry on the list, Arrow's pedal-to-the-metal turbo-charged BR edition of Crash closing out another excellent year of film collecting. We still haven't got BR editions of The Devils or Renaldo and Clara, but they will come... I'm something of a list junkie and I find keeping an inventory of my titles very beneficial, especially now that my collection is fairly large and sometimes difficult to keep a track of. A few years ago, I started compiling everything I have on an Excel spreadsheet, and it's proven very useful. On more than one occasion, it's saved me from buying a title I already own, such is my faltering memory, and the list also comes in handy for nights where I don't have a film in mind (I usually pick my film early in the day), and a quick stroll thru the list usually inspires something, and much more effective I find, than standing before a riot of spine names. If you want an alternative to logging your titles on a tracker program, and if you have access to Excel or one of the free Excel clones out there, it's something I'd recommend...

No comments:

Post a Comment